The Great Blue Hole, located in the Ligthouse Reef Atoll, is one of Belize’s best kept secret. You have a early start at 5:30am and a 2.5 hours boat ride to the first stop. It makes it all worth it when you plunge into the hole 130ft and dive between 30ft stalactites while mystical sharks cruise by. You then make your way over to Half Moon Caye Wall which offers a vast amount of marine life along the deep walls off the island of Half Moon Caye where lunch is served and trails lead you to the only red footed boobie bird sanctuary in the world! The last dive of the day is over at the “Aquarium” on the walls of Long Caye, the names speaks for itself as you will see when you descend in a school of bermudan chubs and sargeant majors. After you make your way back home in 2.5 hours enjoying the view of the sun setting with a drink in hand!
Diver Requirements for Blue Hole Dive:
- Open Water Certified (preferred Advanced diver)
- Recent logged dive to 80ft or deeper
- Fully completed Medical and Liability forms, if there are any issues, they will require a clearance
- letter from their physician
- Note: Min age on boat is 15 yrs, whether a diver or a snorkeler
* $40 park fee not included