- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This is a 5 dive PADI course.
Although most scuba dives are made with a buddy, an experienced diver may want or need to make dives without a partner. During the Self-Reliant Diver course, you learn about potential risks of diving alone and the value of equipment redundancy and necessary back-up gear. During three scuba dives, you develop skills for self-reliance and independence, while becoming a stronger partner in a dive pair or team. This course helps student divers develop the skill, knowledge and techniques necessary to rely on themselves first, whether they are diving with or without a partner, including:
- The values and application of the buddy system
- The philosophy of, and motivation for diving without a partner
- Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those risks
- The values of equipment redundancy and what back-up equipment is need
- Dive planning and gas management
No details found.
- 12.5% General Sales Tax
- Park Fees